Today’s businesses are increasingly reliant on technology for their everyday operations and their communications, which means network security has also become an increasingly important area of focus for these companies.
Network security is an area of information technology that covers the protection of your data, files and directories against hacking, misuse and unauthorized access. Common threats to business networks include adware, spyware, viruses and identity theft. The development of various layers of security to combat these threats is a crucial part of protecting data and avoiding troublesome breaches that could not only jeopardize public faith in your company, but also potentially land you in some significant legal trouble.
There is a misconception that only large businesses need to worry about data breaches, and thus that only those larger companies need to put any great deal of focus on network security in Albany, NY. The truth, however, is that businesses of all sizes, including small businesses, can benefit from strong network security in a variety of important ways. Here are just a few examples of some of the ways a strong focus on network security can benefit your small business:
- Compliance: There are a number of government rules and regulations specific to your niche or industry that you must adhere to as a company. A network security plan ensures compliance with these regulations to not only prevent a data breach, but also to ensure you avoid punishments and fines.
- Remote: Better network security can give you more peace of mind about allowing employees to work remotely, as you won’t have as many security concerns to deal with. This can make positions with your company more flexible and keep your employees happier.
- Better communication: Strong network security encourages better collaboration among coworkers in your company, and stronger communication with clients and suppliers, as they’ll all have secure access to your network. You don’t have to “hedge your bets,” so to speak, when you’re sure your networks are protected against potential outside attacks.
- Confidence: Having a strong security system in place for your network can increase the confidence among your employees and your customers that all of their sensitive data is secure.
- Breach recovery: A strong network security plan will also cover the steps you’ll take if a breach does actually occur, and helps you reduce the fallout that could happen in the aftermath of such an event. If you’re not prepared for a potential breach, you’ll also be unprepared for legal action that could result in your business going bankrupt. Your plan will also shorten the total amount of recovery time that you’d have to deal with if a breach does occur.
These are just a few examples of some of the primary benefits associated with a well fleshed-out network security plan. For more information about why these services are beneficial to businesses of all sizes, including small, local companies, we encourage you to contact Northeast Network Solutions today. We’d love to discuss your options for network security in Albany, NY with you!
Categorised in: Tech Support