When you’re running a business, you not only have an obligation to protect your own data, but also that of your customers. Technology is a huge boon to many small business owners, but it also makes it a lot easier for data to be stolen.
This is why encrypted email in Albany, NY is a smart way to go. It allows you to do business without worrying that your or your customers’ sensitive information will be stolen. For credit cards, it’s a must—but have you considered how encrypting your email will help the rest of your business? Here are some benefits to keep in mind:
- Protect your most sensitive data: This one’s a no-brainer—obviously, you want to protect your and your clients’ private information. From credit card data to private medical information, it’s important to keep their details secret. When you have encrypted email, you ensure that hackers are unable to detect what you’re sharing in your messages.
- Save money: Instead of purchasing your own encryption equipment and software, go with a company that already adds encryption into its email service. It will save you time and money as well as give you a third-party source for accountability, should anyone be able to hack the server somehow.
- Save time: Years ago, if you wanted to encrypt your email, you would need multiple services and software to accomplish this. In today’s day and age, that is completely unnecessary—save time by letting your data provider do the groundwork for you.
- Comply with data regulations and laws: In many industries, like with medical providers and HIPAA, you need to take extra care to make sure that your clients’ data is never compromised. With HIPAA, for example, if an unauthorized person got a hold of your data, that could mean you’ve breached their confidentiality requirements and it could have a serious effect on your business. When you encrypt your email, you reduce that risk.
- Keep the spam away: Finally, many people find that their emails are spoofed for spam purposes—this means that hackers are able to make it look like email is coming from your address when it never did. Many hackers use attachments, which contain viruses, but encrypted email takes the guesswork away. They typically contain signatures that show that they came from the actual source, so your clients or customers never confuse a spammer for you.
The benefits of encrypted email are numerous, and you can only stand to benefit from enlisting a trusted managed IT services provider to safeguard your information.
Encrypted email in Albany, NY
Your business needs encrypted email in Albany, NY, and Northeast Network Solutions can help. Our managed IT services include cloud storage, network administration and data backup, among other important features. With our emergency services and around-the-clock support, you can count on us to be there no matter what you need and when you need it. Call us today to discuss services for your business. We look forward to working with you soon!
Categorised in: Uncategorized