You’re likely to have a whole lot of important, potentially confidential information on hand at your business. Shouldn’t you be doing everything you can to protect that information, not just against attackers, but against potential system failure and data losses?
Many business owners know that it’s important to back up their data regularly, but simply do not make the backup process a priority. Some studies indicate that only about half of all small and medium-sized businesses are confident they have properly backed up their most important data. This means that possibly half of these smaller businesses are in a situation where one disaster could permanently wipe out their critical information.
You might think you lack the technical expertise or necessary equipment to make regular backups of your critical data, but that’s what we’re here for—to provide you with this valuable service. With this in mind, here are some of the biggest benefits associated with regular data backup in Albany, NY:
- Prevent large-scale data loss: As we already mentioned, this is the single biggest benefit of data backup—if something happens to your hard drive or to your network, you have that data stored in another place so you don’t have to worry about losing it forever.
- Information for audits: If you regularly store backups of your data, you have some information on hand that could prove valuable if you end up being audited by the IRS. Even if you’ve deleted the relevant information from your primary PC, you still have backups of that information stored and logged elsewhere, which will come in handy.
- Remote work benefits: Today’s business world sees more people working remotely than ever before, thanks to the constant connectivity the internet provides us. If you use cloud storage systems or other online backup services, you can access that data from anywhere with an internet connection. This will be tremendously convenient if you’re working remotely and don’t want to have to remember to bring a flash drive or external hard drive with you everywhere you go.
- Less reliance on physical storage: Though you can certainly make regular physical backups of your data (and it’s probably a good habit to get into, at least with some of your files), online data backup using cloud systems means you won’t have to rely nearly as much on physical storage solutions that could get lost, damaged or stolen. This is especially important in power outage situations, or if you have a computer that gets affected by a virus and is no longer usable.
- Peace of mind: Wouldn’t you like to not have to panic every time you have a power outage or system crash? The peace of mind that comes with knowing your data is safe and backed up in multiple places cannot be underrated. Thatin itself is a valuable benefit of backups.
For more information about the benefits of data backup in Albany, NY and why you should work with our team, contact Northeast Network Solutions today.
Categorised in: Data Backup