You can save a significant amount of money by outsourcing your IT support in Albany, NY rather than paying a full salary and benefits to an in-house IT person, especially if your company isn’t large enough to merit a full-time IT employee. But how do you go about choosing an IT company to partner with?
Here are some of the top characteristics you should look for in any IT company you work with:
- Local: Working with a local company means you’ll be able to get access to onsite support when you need it, rather than everything being remote. This is a huge benefit if you have issues with physical hardware that you can’t resolve on your own.
- Experience in your industry: The types of technologies used by companies can vary widely depending on the industry of that business. An IT company that has experience in working with other companies in your industry is going to be better equipped to handle the tasks you have for them.
- Experience with your software: Are there specific types of software or applications you regularly use as part of your business operations? If so, it’s helpful to have an IT support team that has experience in working with those applications. Of course, if you’re using custom applications you shouldn’t expect an IT company to have experience with that software, but they should still be able to address any problems that arise with it.
- Quick service: Response times can vary greatly across different IT companies, as every type of outsourced IT service will use different processes for their support. You can get a sense of the speed of their service by asking for a Service Level Agreement or their response time metrics, which include information such as how quickly issues will be resolved, how quickly the company response to issues when they are reported and how long it will take to provide onsite support, if needed.
- Size: If you’re a small business, you don’t have to worry so much about the size of an IT company you’re working with—they should be able to handle the work you have for them. But if you’re a larger company looking to outsource your IT work, you should be sure that the IT company is capable of handling an organization of your size. You can ask how many engineers and support professionals they have on staff in their various departments, and the types of processes they use to ensure they provide efficient support.
- Scalable: If you’re a growing company, it’s important to make sure you’re working with vendors that are capable of scaling their services to match your growth over time. After all, once you get used to working with an IT company and have developed a good working relationship with them, you’re probably going to want to maintain that relationship for the long term.
For more tips about how to choose a company providing IT support in Albany, NY, contact the expert team at Northeast Network Solutions today.
Categorised in: Uncategorized