As a business owner, you’ve almost certainly heard of “the cloud” as being an effective hosting solution for your online operations and data storage. Cloud computing involves the use of remote servers and data centers to accomplish tasks such as making critical calculations, storing important data and networking and communicating with colleagues, customers and the general public.
What exactly is so beneficial about cloud hosting services in Albany, NY? Here are just a few of the reasons why you might want to consider investing in cloud hosting services for your business:
- Deliver data faster: If you host resource-intensive information and files on the cloud, you’ll find your data delivery speeds will increase significantly. This is especially true for images, sound, streaming video and other media content. Using powerful cloud servers helps you take the load off your local hosts and will significantly speed up the page requests you receive from other users.
- Better business continuity: There’s no real guarantee that your own in-house servers will never go down. To guard against that possibility, you need to have plans that will get them back online quickly if they do experience outages, but there’s no such thing as a completely disaster-proof system. Your best bet to ensure continuity of service and constant uptime is to use cloud services to guard against downtime. Cloud computing data centers have backup power generation on hand to ensure they continue sending information even after utility outages.
- Constant access to information and critical services: Cloud hosting benefits don’t just improve the general public’s ability to use your website—they can also be critical on the back-end for providing outstanding accessibility to important data for your company’s employees. For example, sales software is often kept in the cloud to provide employees with the ability to access it and work from anywhere with an internet connection. This eliminates the need to rely on carrying around physical storage systems, such as external hard drives, flash drives and discs.
- Global connectivity: The rise in cloud hosting services has also made it easier for businesses to increase their scope of operation to a national and even international audience. With anyone with an internet connection being able to access important data and systems, employees can be based anywhere in the world, or easily access their important information and systems while on business trips.
- More security: There are a lot more security measures in place for cloud-based systems simply because you’re not the only one with an interest in keeping those servers secure. Most cloud hosting providers have a number of security measures in place to ensure your satisfaction and to guard the data you keep on those systems.
These are just a few of the primary benefits associated with using cloud hosting services in Albany, NY for your business operations. For more information about the technology and the advantages it provides, we encourage you to contact the team at Northeast Network Solutions today with your questions. We look forward to assisting you soon!
Categorised in: Data Backup