As of January 14, 2020, Windows 7 is no longer supported by Microsoft, meaning the company will no longer provide updates and security protection for the outdated system. It lasted from 2009 to 2020, and now the system of choice is Windows 10. If you’re running a business and need to keep your sensitive data secure, it’s way past time to upgrade to Windows 10. Have questions? Call the computer support specialists in Albany, NY at Northeast Network Solutions:
- Your computer will still work—it just won’t be secure: Your computer probably hasn’t stopped working since January 14, 2020, and there’s no evidence that it will stop anytime soon. The difference between running Windows 7 and running Windows 10 right now is that Windows 10 is the operating system that Microsoft is currently supporting—meaning that they’re putting the full force of their IT support behind it, and are not updating Windows 7 anymore. This means that if a huge new virus comes out, Windows 7 won’t get security upgrades, but Windows 10 will. If you can’t afford to be hacked and risk your sensitive data, you need to upgrade now.
- Windows 10 has worked out the kinks: Some people are worried that Windows 10 is buggy, thanks to hearing complaints when the system was first rolled out in 2015. Five years down the road, it’s running a lot more smoothly, ensuring a better user experience overall.
- You’ll get better computer-to-phone syncing support: You might be asking yourself why you should upgrade when your Windows 7 computer works perfectly fine, and you’re not concerned about security (although you should be!). In short, Windows 10 offers a much wider variety of features, including phone-to-computer syncing that can make your life a lot easier. Calls, dictation, Microsoft’s assistant Cortana and richer notification options make Windows 10 more compatible with your smartphone and other devices—even if you own an iPhone.
- You might even be able to upgrade for free: Microsoft has been offering free upgrades to Windows 10 since 2016, with some users reporting that they can still get it as late as January 2020. If you can’t download the upgrade for free, the new operating system will cost $139—a relatively small price to pay to protect your data.
- You can try a new operating system: If you don’t want to pay to upgrade your operating system, you can always try a new one. Linux is a popular choice for IT professionals and programmers, while Apple remains popular for its intuitive controls and high performance.
Computer support specialists in Albany, NY
Northeast Network Solutions is proud to be one of Albany’s premier managed service providers. We offer hosted cloud services, network administration and monitoring, data backup and recovery and more. Whether you need support switching from Windows 7 to Windows 10 or something more complex, we are a full-service IT solutions company that will keep your business running. Contact us today to learn more about what we can do for you.
Categorised in: Tech Support